Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Painting Solid Pine Doors White

The previous owners of our house decided to paint all the molding in the house white when they listed it for sale but for some reason never decided to do the same for the doors.  Various contractors and my husband have tried to convince me that this is a new trend and I should love it but I just don't.  I like the look of clean white doors.  Anjay did not like the thought of changing them at all because they are solid wood doors and newer houses didn't have that.  He was completely against painting them (like he was the orange fireplace and we all love how that turned out).  I got a quote anyways because 5 panel doors are my favorite but it would have been over $3000!!!  In the end we had them all sanded down and painted.  The process has taken WEEKS to do which is much longer than I think anyone anticipated and the contractors still have 3 left.  But at the end of the day, it looks phenomenal.  We changed out the hardware to complete the look.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment